“All the Snowflakes Are the Same,” Christopher Mir, 2010, 38″ x 34 “
“Art is preaching.” – Anne Lamott
Christopher Mir is a gifted artist. The title of his above piece, “All the Snowflakes are the same” is interesting. It sounds socialistic.
I had a bad cough this week, so I discovered Turner Movie Classics.
TCM is so happy. They even pray, reverently, to God in the old movies. Not sarcastically or satirically. What happened? How did “Silent Night” (sung in Shirley Temple’s “Heidi”) change into “Losing My Religion”?
“Man dresses the wound; God heals it” was a placard in the war movie “Since you Went Away” with Claudette Colbert; it ended with a Bible verse, “Be of good courage all ye that hope in the Lord.”
The TCM movies have morals that line up with the Ten Commandments – “Dial M for Murder” shows “you reap what you sow”; “Butterfield 8” shows the morbid results of adultery/fornication; “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf?” reveals the slow, sad spiral of alcoholism.
I look at the TV lineup these days and go, “What happened?!”
In American Vision’s “The History of the Conservative Movement,” Dr. Gary North explains that since the beginning, our country has had this ongoing battle between two sides: bigger government vs. smaller government. In 1776, it was the Federalists vs. the Jeffersonian Democrats. Now, it is progressives vs. conservatives.
Simultaneously, there is another ongoing battle – Christianity vs. atheism. As early as 1853, a group attempted to separate Christianity from government. They wanted Christian principles removed from the public square. Congress discussed this and issued a statement: “Christianity … was the religion of the founders of the republic and they expected it to remain the religion of their descendants.”
Communism is atheism. If you bing the isms – Socialism, Fascism, Nazism, Communism – they all lead back to Nietzsche, Darwin and Lucifer (“Rules for Radicals” dedication page), whom the Bible says came “to steal, to kill and to destroy.” More murders were caused in the 20th century by communism than all the wars of all time combined.
Socialism/Communism promotes the philosophy of the collective. All are equal. Obama’s religion of Black Liberation Theology even teaches “collective salvation.”
Christianity stresses the importance of the individual. All are equally created and loved by God, but each must make his own decisions, his own living and ultimately his own acceptance or rejection of Christ.
My artist friend above, if truly a socialist, should not take a $100,000 check for his piece. He should divide it up, take $1,000 for himself and then give the rest to his neighbors, $1,000 each. And, he should not own a home. Marx was against private property.
Christians who claim to be socialists are just taking Scripture out of context to serve their purposes. The Bible teaches each man should work for his wage, do the best he can with what he is given (Matthew 20) without complaining, tithe at least 10 percent, pay taxes, take care of the widows and orphans, and “love thy neighbor as thyself.” Giving comes from the individual heart; it is not money taken away by the government and given to others.
My Christian high school warned us that communism would not take over America by force because we have the Second Amendment, but from the inside out, by the breakup of the family unit and moral decay – sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. We were required to read “1984” by George Orwell. I forgot about communism during my 20s, 30s and 40s as I skipped my way through Florida Bible College, Furman and Auburn, tap danced my way across the “Saturday Night Live” Update Desk and waltzed my way through the Florida suburbs raising a family. All the while progressives (secular humanism, socialism, communism) were slowly and powerfully infiltrating our universities, public schools, textbooks, unions, entertainment industry and local, state and federal government like a large, silent tsunami surging in, destroying, turning all to wreckage and then washing out to sea the broken, maimed and dead, leaving a trail of mud, lies, carnage and a changed landscape.
In my lifetime, we changed from God loving capitalists to God hating socialists. I wasn’t paying attention. The movie “Agenda” brought to my attention “The Naked Communist” by Cleon Skousen who made a list in 1958 of communist goals for America. Eerily, they have all come true. Here are a few:
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. Skousen claimed that an American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
- Control art critics and directors of art museums.
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity, masturbation and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use “united force” to solve economic, political or social problems.
Control art critics and art museums?
As Hitler used art for propaganda, so is Obama. Patrick Courrielche exposed a plan between the White House and the National Endowment of the Arts in his series of Big Hollywood articles.
This was in a government document he uncovered: “We’ve been doing a lot of brainstorming about how we can add our skillset to this effort, and here are some of our thoughts. … Making prints that subtly encourage the progressive agenda. Health care, Employee free choice, immigration, energy conservation, etc.”
President Obama with former NEA Communication Director Yosi Sergant
The NEA was exposed for propaganda: offering money to artists who would further Obama’s agenda.
[Translation:] Vote him out! Are we still allowed to do that?
Do you think Obama and his NEA would give me a grant for my original T-shirts?